My skill set, creativity and passion for game programming and design is what motivates me to create meaningful and memorable user experiences. I am a strong programmer with knowledge in multiple languages who also has a creative passion for designing games and levels. I possess extremely strong written and communication skills, instinctive problem-solving skills and I work well in a team environment.
Programming Languages: Extremely strong in C#, C++, and C. Further knowledge and great understanding of Java, OpenGL, PHP, SQL, SFML, DirectX, and HTML5.
Game Engine Experience: Over 4 years experience with Unity 3D and 2 years with Unreal Engine 4. Extremely comfortable with scripted events and scenarios, level design, player controls, gameplay mechanics, UI, and physics in both engines. Experience with connecting Unity 3D to databases within Microsoft SQL Server 2012 and Microsoft Azure SQL.
Other Relevant Skills: Game and level design. 3D modelling with Blender. Deep understanding of version control systems such as Perforce and Git. Good understanding of creating, managing and manipulating relational databases within Microsoft SQL Server 2012. Strong natural leadership skills due to managing a busy Toronto restaurant for over 2 years.
Gameplay Scripter – Rockstar Games – Toronto
December 2017 – Present
- I cannot explicitly say what I am currently working on, at least not until the game is released. What I can say is that I get to work on some of the most beloved game franchises of all time!
Leader, Student Projects – Game Programmer – George Brown College – Toronto
April 2017 – January 2018
- Unity and Unreal Engine Developer – Explored innovative ways to use video games as a means of teaching.
- Front and back end programmer for Voila Learning’s Ed-Tech virtual campus. Programmed the following: character/avatar customization, movement, abilities, camera movement and points and rewards systems. In addition to data collection and connecting all information to Voila’s database.
Augmented & Virtual Reality Contract Developer – Augmenta – Toronto
August 2017 – October 2017
- Unity Developer – Augmented Reality Applications.
- Unreal Engine Developer – Virtual Reality Applications.
Contract Software Developer – GIMME360 – Toronto
April 2017 – June 2017
- Unity Developer – Augmented Reality (AR) Applications
- Developed multiple AR applications for the following companies: McDonald’s, Shoppers Drug Mart, L’Oreal, Nelson Education and MLSE.
Contract Game Programmer – Jade Lens Productions – Toronto
January 2015 – November 2017
- Worked on multiple games in both Unity 3D and Unreal Engine 4.
- Worked on a game for a soon to be released comic book.
- Duties include: lead level designer and programmer.
Game Developer/Programmer – Vale – Toronto
May 2015 – September 2015
- Helped develop and program (with a team of 4) a fun, interactive, but most importantly educational health and safety gaming web application for all of Vales international employees using Unity 3D.
- Duties included: programming gameplay mechanics, UI, level design, server side programming (PHP) and database programming (SQL).
Internship – George Brown College Post-Graduate Student Projects
May 2014 – January 2015
- Selected for internship based on high level class projects from among over 60 students.
- First real experience working with a full team which included a designer, artist and 3 programmers.
- Programmed 4 games in Unity 3D that will soon be released for android, iOS and PC systems.
Personal Relevant Experience
Global Game Jam Participant – Toronto (4 years running)
January 2018, 2017, 2016 and 2015
- All 4 games are currently available for download on my global game jam profile page: http://globalgamejam.org/users/rashad-mohammed
GBC Jam 6 Participant – Toronto
- Created a prototype for a game with planetary gravity and physics similar to Super Mario Galaxy. You can see some screenshots here: H.O.P.E.
The ROM Game Jam Participant – Toronto (2 years)
September 2016 and August 2014
- Our 2014 game, Extrasensory was selected as one of the best 8 from over 20 teams entered.
- Extrasensory was on display for the public to play at the ROM twice from 2014 to 2015.
T.O. Jam Participant – Toronto
- Game available for download on itch.io.
George Brown College – Post Graduate Diploma – Digital Design – Game Design
2017 – 2018
- Currently pursuing my post graduate diploma.
George Brown College – Advanced Diploma – Game Programming
2014 – 2016
- Graduated with honours and a 3.96 GPA.
- Received the Dean’s Medal award, Chair’s award and made the Dean’s list all 6 semesters.
References will be produced upon request